Saturday, April 04, 2009

Good old fashioned singing

UNBELIEF.DOES.NOT.HINDER.GOD_  PHOENIX.AZ  SUNDAY_  62-0128M - William Branham

 
E-1    Lord bless you. You know, it's written in the Word, "I was happy when they said unto us, 'Let's go to the house of the Lord.'" Amen...?... See? This lovely place, lovely atmosphere, lovely pastor, and this choir, such a nice church, I don't see why there'd be anything lacking this morning for all that we have need of. I sure appreciate that song, "God is Sufficient." Isn't that beautiful? Sang so nicely and consecrated voices, and I like that. I like something that's real, that hasn't got any (you know) put on. You don't have... I like good singing, but I just can't stand an over-trained voice, you know. You know, Hold it till they get blue in the face and some kind of a gargle or a warble or something, and... That not singing. I like singing like that: just real, right from the heart, good old fashion Pentecostal singing. 

~Editor's note- This quote was taken from a sermon preached by Reverend William Branham in Phoenix Arizona 28JAN 1962.

No comments:

Post a Comment